Toshiba Corporation and B&W have made the first of a three-phase strategic investment in USEC Inc.
This investment and strategic relationship will strengthen USEC's position in the growing nuclear power industry.
- Enhances long-term USEC shareholder value by strengthening USEC’s financial footing for deploying the American Centrifuge and by opening new business opportunities worldwide in the growing nuclear power industry
- Melds complementary business segments to collectively offer beginning-to-end nuclear fuel cycle products and solutions to customers worldwide
- Aligns USEC with global nuclear industry leaders to provide U.S. sourced nuclear fuel and potentially create thousands of U.S. jobs and help rebuild parts of America’s nuclear manufacturing base
- Provides a technological depth and experience that benefits USEC's core business
- Enhances USEC's growth potential through financial investment and strategic relationship with industry leaders
|$75 million||$50 million||$75 million|
|KEY CONDITIONS FOR CLOSING||KEY CONDITIONS FOR CLOSING||KEY CONDITIONS FOR CLOSING|
Regulatory Reviews and Approvals
Completed September 2010
|Conditional Commitment for DOE Loan Guarantee||
DOE Approval of $2 billion Loan Guarantee for the American Centrifuge